Thursday, May 10, 2012

Falling off the wagon

Well, not so much a fall as a stumble.

When you're sitting at a pub and every item on the menu is either deep fried or covered with cheese, it's hard to make a good decision.

Yesterday I gave in to chicken strips and fries. Today I gave in to sesame chicken (which came with two pieces of california roll, two gyoza...well it came with one, but I ate Trudi's too...some salad, and a whole mound of rice. I didn't eat much of the salad), and then at dinner I had a Carolina Dog from Smokin Tony's (that's right. It is a hot dog covered in pulled pork.) with a side of onion rings. That's THREE cheats in two days.

So, time to take a moment to reflect on this.

While it might have tasted good at first, after a few bites it just felt heavy and sickening. My post-pub workout suffered because I was so full. This morning I was upset because the scale reflected exactly what I feared it would reflect -- that I filled my body up with too much garbage.

Time to hit the reset button. As my trainer always tells me, it's not about being perfect. It's about accepting your imperfect decision, learning from it, and not letting it be the norm.

The plan for tomorrow: steak and Brussels sprouts for breakfast, cantaloupe and raw, unsalted macadamia nuts for snacks, salad with grilled chicken for lunch, and kale & ground beef soup for dinner. Lots of water. Maybe a coffee, but only one.

Friday, Saturday, and Sunday will be filled with good, healthy fuel.

Also, I'm SO excited... I'm heading to Mississauga on Sunday to catch the last day of the CrossFit Games - Canada East Regional competition. I've been spending the last few days watching the video explanations of all the workouts and reading articles about the competitors. If that's not motivation to take care of yourself, I don't know what is. These athletes are incredible. Good luck to the CrossFit Waterloo team!!

No comments:

Post a Comment