Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Day-after-the-long-weekend WOD (or OW, MY ARMS)

I have a few ounces of strength left with which to write this post.

I started the day with a workout with my trainer. I don't know the reps because she doesn't tell me how many I'm doing, just when to stop, but today's range was in the area of 15-20.

We did 3 rounds of:
  • one arm dumbbell split jerk (30lbs)
  • sumo squat to upright row (in CrossFit speak: sumo deadlift high-pull) (25lbs)
  • 10 burpees
followed by 3 rounds of overhead squats, just the bar (45lbs), pausing for 3-5 seconds at the bottom of the squat.

Then after work, CrossFit. For the warm up, we did a short run, followed by:
  • some kettle bell swings
  • some pull ups
  • some push ups
We repeated this somewhere in the range of 1 billion times.

The WOD was 3 rounds of:
  • 400m run
  • 21 kettle bell swings (Prescribed weight: 20kg. I did: 12kg)
  • 12 pull-ups (I used the green band, and then the green + black band)
I was the last to finish, but I finished, scraping by with just a few seconds to spare before the 20 minute time limit was up. However, I am pretty sure that some of my pull-ups didn't count ("That's a no rep").

My forearms are still cramping and CrossFit ended over an hour ago!

Good workout. I'm pooped!

No comments:

Post a Comment