Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Elements #4 and #5: I'm a big girl now!

Elements #4: Hang Clean
This class was the hardest. Hang clean made me feel stupid and frustrated.  I kept getting stuck at high pull, there was a mental roadblock there. My stupid elbows would not snap through. They still don't. Stupid elbows.

Key take aways: Snap your damn elbows. Stomp your feet.

AMRAP 15
7 hang cleans (35lb bar)
7 knees to elbows
14 180deg lateral twists
30sec plank

Elements #5: Sumo deadlift high pull
After the frustration of Hang Clean, Sumo deadlift high pull was much easier. My confidence was restored a bit. Then the ring dips shredded my arms.

Key take aways: Keep your elbows high, keep your core engaged. It's much easier this way. Also, reminder to not smack yourself in the chin with the bar. It stays bruised for days.

21*15*9*
sumo deadlift high pull
ring dips
*20 lunges

After I finished up my Elements classes, my arms were wiped out. I think I might have mentioned before how weak they are... well, on the weekend, they gave up and started to swell. Ever had elbow swell? No? Well it's weird and awkward and gag-inducing. I don't recommend it.

I've graduated to the big girl classes. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment