Saturday, June 9, 2012

Split jerk PR

Today was pretty awesome.

Today's workout was a SWOD (strength workout of the day) followed by a regular WOD. The SWOD was split jerks, 6 sets of 3 reps, increasing the weight each set. I had a few minutes at the end, so I did a 7th set because I felt like I wasn't at my max yet. Coach encouraged me to go heavier for this workout, and I'm glad I did. This is the first time I've lifted these weights over my head:

95/105/110/120/125/130/135 lbs

Then for the WOD - AMRAP 12 of 20 paralette jumps, 16 pistols, and 12 push ups. Already fatigued from the split jerks, my shoulders protested every push up. I ended 8 push ups short of 4 rounds. Cardio is still a clear weakness. I could have gone much faster through those paralette jumps and pistols if I wasn't so winded!

I spent most of the rest of the day thinking about split jerks and how I could improve my form.

Goals for next week are to add in cardio workouts outside of CrossFit. As I've mentioned before, I hate cardio, which is another clear indicator that it is what I need to work on most. I was visiting family in the States last weekend and was listening to my aunt and cousin talk about marathons and triathlons like I talk about CrossFit. Will I ever get there?

No comments:

Post a Comment