Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Didn't barf = success

Today's WOD was pretty straight forward.

Prescribed workout:
10 rounds
10 thrusters (thruster = front squat + push press) (65lbs for women)
10 ring push-ups

I did:
6.75 rounds (6 rounds + 10 thrusters + 5 push ups)
10 thrusters (65lbs)
10 push-ups (from my knees)

The warm up included a lot of pressing and squatting, so by the time the 22 minute workout started, I was already tired and VERY sweaty. It was hot and humid, silly me had forgotten a water bottle, and I think I'm still recovering from some bad sushi yesterday. This made for an unfortunate combination.

By the 2nd round, I was pretty sure I was going to barf.

By the 3rd round, I was CONVINCED I was going to barf.

By the 4th round, I got my second wind and was pretty sure I wouldn't barf until afterwards.

By the 6th round, I was pretty sure I had already barfed a little in my mouth once.

By the end of the 22 minutes, I was too tired to think about barfing.

No comments:

Post a Comment