Friday, June 29, 2012

AMRAP

AMRAP

Like any good discipline, CrossFit has it's own set of acronyms and lexicon of terms. AMRAP in the CrossFit world means As Many Rounds As Possible. There's a number after it usually, 12 in the case of last night's workout, that indicates the length of the workout. This, of course, leads to a CrossFit joke: CrossFitters do it AMRAP 15.

Here's what I put into my journal last night:

AMRAP 12
12 push press (45lbs, Rx 85lbs)
15 pull ups (green band, Rx 12 chest to bar)
12 pistons (45lb plate + med ball)
Score: 2 + 12 p. press + 10 pull ups

Here's what that actually means:

Last night's workout was 12 minutes long. We were to complete as many rounds as possible of the exercises in that time.
I did two complete rounds plus 12 push presses and 10 pull ups in the 12 minutes. I did not complete the prescribed workout, denoted by the Rx. 
For push presses, I used 40lbs less weight than prescribed. Chris, the coach, said the weight I uses was too light and I need to go higher next time.
Pull ups continue to be a weak spot for me. Since I still can't do them very well I used the green band, which offers the most assistance. Additionally, because I unable to do chest to bar, I had to do additional reps.
Lastly for pistons, aka one legged squats, I put a 16lb medicine ball on top of a 45lb plate to lower myself to.

What did this feel like?

Well, dirty. Sweaty. To put this into better context: it was balls hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment